Friday, October 2, 2009

Longing...........

Am sitting here just longing to be physically closer to my home country but strangely enough it has nothing to do with the country itself. It's the people I miss.

I want to be able to pop in and see Mum for a cuppa. I want to call on to my sisters house for a glass of wine when her hubby is working. I want to hang out with Dad. I want to see old friends at the pub.

I want to be able to call people whenever I want. You know how it is, you have a moment to call a friend and you pick up the phone to talk to them. Easy right? But not when there is an 8 hour time difference and you have 2 kids who monopolize your time (not that I am complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way). I don't have much time to my self and when I do it's always the wrong time to call home (UK home). Then I feel guilty that I haven't talked to some people in so long. Then you get to a point where it's been so long that I'm embarrassed to call. I have one friend who is my oldest friend, who is about to have a baby and I haven't talked to her but once since I found out. It kills me. I hate it.


I'm longing to see my friend. I'm longing to hug my sister. I'm longing to cuddle with Mum. I'm longing to kiss my Dad. I'm longing.......



1 comment:

  1. I'm longing too....... but howcome Mum gets the cuppa and the sister gets the wine?
    I'm longing for when I can hold you and Henry and the babies...........longing for those early morning chats.........longing for hanging out and not caring what you look like...........longing for chats in the bathroom. Just longing really

    ReplyDelete